Who We Are?
Our website address is: https://www.chinaclife.com
This Website is not intended, nor does it allow or have mechanisms specifically designed, for the transfer of copyrighted material between users. Its primary purpose is as a source of useful information about Standard Chinese Language Learning or China/Chinese-related, as well as a community for its users.
Why Do We Collect Data?
The Website may collect users’ personal data to enable us to provide a more customized service (for example, your personal data allows us to create your personalized page, group, and article collections) and also a fully functional Website experience. In addition, Users’ contact information will allow us to inform them of our latest product or service announcements, articles, updates, offers, discounts, and events in the future.
We collect personal data from Users only if they voluntarily submit their information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification data, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Website related activities or functions.
How We Use Collected Data?
This Website may collect and use Users personal data for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Website
We may need your information to display content on the Website correctly.
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Website.
- To improve our Website
We may use the feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Website feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
What Data We May Collect?
We may collect personal information from Users in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
1. Personal Data: When visiting our Website, certain portions of the Website may require Users that provide us with some personal information via registration, filling out a form, or/and in connection with other communication activities, services, features, or resources we make available on Website, to help us create Users' own ChinaClife account, to display on profile, and use full features on the Website. Users can choose to disclose personal information (such as email address, hometown, etc) or not. Also, Users can access the Website and edit this information whenever they like.
2. Usage data: Generally speaking, Users may visit the Website while remaining anonymous and not revealing any personal data. When Users visit the Website, the Website may automatically collect browsing and usage data (such as how many times user logins, how long users spend on visiting the Website or reading the articles, etc), which will help us to administer, analyze and improve the Website, product and service and to compile statistics such as the total number of Users.
4. Media: If any, User should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included since people visiting the website may download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How About Cookies?
How Do We Protect Your Data?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of Users' personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on the Website.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users' personal information to others, although some generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users may be shared with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Sharing Information with Third Parties?
This Website does not sell to third parties data you have submitted to the Website that identifies you personally.
On occasion, Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Public Community For User Materials
Certain portions of the Website are designed to offer Users the opportunity to post information on the Website, including but not limited to information about Users ("User Materials"). Any User should always remember that publicly displayed information is public. For example, a User may be permitted to post information, a video that has created, or to post messages in any community, forum, chat rooms, message boards, mailing lists, and/or groups this Website makes available to its users. If using a forum or community, group, bulletin board, or chat room on this Website Users should be aware that any information shared may be visible to other Users. The personal information that Users submit to one of these forums or communities can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information that Users choose to submit in these forums, communities, or groups.
Data Deletion Instructions
Delete a User account will remove the User's personal information from this Website and this action cannot be undone.
For the Premium User willing to cancel a Premium subscription but remain the Website account, please follow the steps here to cancel the membership.
For the User having a Premium subscription and would like to proceed with the Website account deletion, need to ensure subscriptions are canceled prior to deleting an account. So please firstly cancel the membership here and then follow the instructions below to request for the Website account and data deletion.
For other free Users without any subscription and who want to delete the Website account and data, please see the instructions below:
- Log in to your Website account with your registration information such as email and password, which will help us verify your ownership of the Website account. If sign in with Facebook, a Website account has also been created since the initial login.
- Join the "Feedback" group after login with success. The group also could be found under the Community of the top navigation.
- Send a request for account deletion here and @ the group admin whose account name (not nickname) can be found at the top of the group as well as the group admin's public profile.
- Once the User's account deletion request is received and the profile located, a confirmation email under the subject like "[China Clife] Confirm Action: Erase Personal Data" will be sent to the User's registered email address and asking for verifying the request. Once it is confirmed, please click the confirmation link from the email and then proceed with the steps to delete the User's Website account as well as the personal data.
Note: the deleted Website account or data can not be recovered. Please make sure to delete the account or data. For any further requests or more information, please reach us via the possible methods here.
These Privacy Policies were last updated on February 25, 2021